Sunday, May 4, 2008

Preamble

I started hoping to climb Mount Kinabalu in 2005. My best friend and longtime climbing buddy, Boying, thought about it then. We were planning to climb Kinabalu in the last quarter of 2005. But, God had another plan for me… to be a father, again. So, I have to scrap the plan of climbing Kinabalu, and to an extent, scrap my whole climbing career (I do have a 2,000-meter Philippine Mountains Project) to be a father of two rowdy and handsome boys, Qogori and Konig.

Although, I scrapped the whole climber-slacker living, I still cannot let go off my dirtbag-slave-to-pain-sufferfest lifestyle. I pleaded with Aimee to let me purchase a mountain bike, so I can still be father-and-a-boy at the same time. From then on, I am into mountain biking fulltime. Until the Kinabalu climb offer landed on my lap, literally.

No comments: